Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best 
And 
Always look on the bright side of life!


If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!
And always look on the bright side of life 

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” is a song I have come to love. Is Life treating you poorly? Find the bright side. Find joy.


Philippians 4:8&9
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Paul encouraged the people of the Church at Philippi to think of the best.

So...
Think of something that makes you laugh.
Think of something that makes you smile.
Think of something that makes you dance.
Think of something to sing.
Think of something to whistle.

Before Dad passed, I considered the day of the funeral would be full of Joy.

I had reached and passed by more than a year the age my father was when I was born. I did not believe I would reach that age with him alive, but I reached it. I remember having lunch on the day I passed the exact age year, month, day, and minute. He was living in his nineties. I was surprised he lived through his seventies, through his eighties, and now he had reached ninety-five. I had many more years than expected. I was blessed with time.

So many more hugs. Even a few fist pumps. Just siting with Dad. I experienced great blessing with so many moments of love expressed. I learned to express love better. To show love and not be afraid. What a wonderful gift Dad gave me.


I imagined I would go from table to table collecting memories. But I only collected one new story. It was a great story however.

Funerals are how we begin to say goodbye. The beginning of remembering. For it is not enough time from a person's death to funeral It never is. So you move forward and continue the process of grieving and of remembering.

Remembering the laughter shared. The smiles shared.

The time spent in the shop with him.

All the great memories. Looking through and scanning all the pictures mom has at the farm is helping to see the bright side of life.


Always look on the bright side of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment